Lockdown Alarms for Schools
Navigating an emergency situation is a challenging ordeal, but this can be exacerbated within a school setting where the occupants are mainly vulnerable children. In such scenarios, lockdown alarms can prove invaluable, rapidly notifying both staff and pupils of the presence of danger.
Here at Astra Security Systems, we supply and install lockdown alarms for schools throughout Maidstone, Medway, Tonbridge and beyond. This alert system ensures that the necessary emergency measures can be promptly enacted to minimise confusion. These compact devices can be positioned in strategic areas, enabling quick and discreet activation during a lockdown.
Why Lockdown Systems Are Important in School Settings
When faced with a lockdown situation, you may assume that activating the fire alarm is the most logical solution. However, official guidance from both Ofsted and the National Counter Terrorism Office states that ‘the use of fire alarms should be avoided to reduce incorrect responses to an incident’.
By implementing school lockdown alarms, you establish a targeted strategy for managing this kind of emergency. Lockdown alarms also provide peace of mind that, in an emergency, there will be a well-structured response that prioritises student welfare and aligns with official recommendations.
Why Choose our Lockdown Alarms?
Here at Astra Security Systems, we supply the ALERTEX lockdown alarm system from Luminite, a leading British security brand. These alarms have numerous benefits that set them apart from the competition, including:
- Rapidly deployable: With no wires or cabling, this alert system is simple and swift to set up.
- Easy control: All units can be easily monitored and controlled using the PC app.
- Suitable for large sites: With over 64 units able to be used per site, and with a 1km transmission range between units, ALERTEX can be used at even the largest sites.
- Low maintenance: With a long battery life of up to two years, this alarm system requires little maintenance to keep it in full working order.
- Robust: With an IP66 weather rating, these alarms can withstand whatever the British weather conditions throw at them.
- Customisable: With over 32 alarm sounds to choose from, the ALERTEX system can be tailored to suit your preferences. At the time of ordering, it can also be programmed to feature a custom spoken message.
School Lockdown Alarms in Maidstone, Medway and Tonbridge
As a family-run business with over 40 years of commercial security experience, you can trust Astra Security Systems to provide you with high-quality lockdown alarms that you can trust. Our SSAIB-certified team can swiftly install your new alarm system, identifying the most appropriate locations for each unit and ensuring comprehensive coverage throughout your premises.
To discuss how we can help secure your school in Maidstone, Medway, Tonbridge or beyond, contact our friendly team today.